RCPI, is a Remote Controller for the Raspberry-Pi.
It's a project that I started because I had no batteries in my remote keyboard and I wanted to be able to use an Android phone to control my raspberry pi to play videos.
The main idea was to setup a nodejs server that receive packets to control an OMX player instance.
I first started to use websockets to be able to use any web browser to communicate with the server,
but I discovered that on android chrome, the websocket connection stop functioning after the phone goes to sleep, event if you wake it up.
So I switched to UDP as it's simple to implement, and is really close to how a real TV remote controller works, it send a signal even if the TV is powered off.
- Handle a lots of media url, thanks to youtube-dl
- Check for all media locally available.
- All default OMX controls available.
- Can use the Share Action to send links to the app.
Preview of the android client :
- "Mute" action is not yet implemented
- Youtube subtitles
- Cursor navigation
- Current omx libary has limitations, need to make one